Did you know... Biodegradable GLITTER exists?

Hello there,
this time last year I was swimming in an ocean of glitter I got for Christmas... ok maybe not an ocean but six pots of glitters I ordered from the Gypsy Shrine. I was really impressed by their creations and wanted to recreate some myself. Loving everything sparkly, when I discovered that I could put actual pieces of shine on my face I was blown.

Little did I know that makeup glitter may be cruelty free depending on the company, but is absolutely not environment friendly!

The glitter is made of actual plastic, little pieces of shiny plastic. And we cannot yet completely get rid of it. Water purification plant is not able to destroy it and so does the tip. So when we take our makeup off, watching eyeshadows, bodypaint and colourful glitter wash away in the sink... the glitter travels through our pipes to nature where it will arm plants and animals. Polluting for years.

Luckily, "Eco glitter fun" followed me on instagram and I'm now aware of the impact such little glitter can make.

@ellie_stennett
Eco glitter fun (not sponsored, but I wish) is a uk companie that makes biodegradable glitter. Which means after you use it it will decompose into water or soil.
              "Our biodegradable glitter is made from a certified biodegradable cellulose film. This means that once it has been used to make the world a more glittery place, it will safely biodegrade, causing no harm to Mother Earth.@eco.glitter.fun

You can find fine glitter, chunky glitter and blends on their website.



Other companies:


The Mermaid cave (another uk companie) sells beautiful blends, cristals and hairdresses. I highly recommend that you take a look at their products. 
IG @themermaidcave

If you need more local seller, try the #biodegradableglitter to find something near you.

Holidays season is still sparkly! We can wear glitter to all festive parties without arming the oceans, fields and living beings.

 
@themermaidcave @portiaprince

       Disclaimer: I have not tested yet any biodegradable glitters. Because I own so much of plastic glitter already I'm trying to get rid of it first before buying any other.
I'm not sure what to do with it for now. I'm trying to use it indoors mostly (so it doesn't go directly in the fields) and when I take it off I try to put must of it in the bin and avoid washing it off.
If you have any advice please let me know!

Commentaires

Articles les plus consultés