Flea market



70% Acrylic, 30% wool. 2,50€
100% wool. 2,50€


Glass jars "mint, vervein, lime". 3€ for three
Pasta jar, 1,50€
Saturday morning I went to a car-boot sale. I love wandering aroud looking at all the bits and bobs people once used. I always look for containers (glass and stainless steel), jumpers, coats, books and also interesting pieces of art or weird objects.
Yesterday I even saw materials and an ancient 'school posters' describing plants anatomy. 

Shopping in flea markets is always charming. Surrounded by people of all ages and background. Some are collectors, some are looking for baby clothes and children toys, others digging for bold fashion pieces or useful gardening tools. I really enjoy chatting with sellers about their objects or motivations, it's way more lively than going to standard shops.

I did find some bargains: a lovely blond lady sold me two jumpers for 5€. One is a bit stained and the other has shrunk in the wash but is still looking fab, and since I'm only an L and it was originally an XL it's all good.
It's only the second flea market I attented so I have to be more careful than I usually am for clothing's quality. I could also learn how to haggle a bit more... but things are already so cheap, I feel bad taking money off normal people (unlike big corporations).

A few weeks back, when I was away in Brittany I visited our local second-hand shop, I was looking for a bigger container to store my granola and a bigger tin to store my cookies. I was nicely surprise with the choice they had!

Cheers to another step on my waste reduction/ plastic free / zero waste journey.
I can already see jars and boxes becoming a new addiction... What is your favourite things about zero waste?

2,5 L glass jars, 2€ each. Stainless steel box, 20 x 30cm, 3€.

Commentaires

Articles les plus consultés